Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spring Celebration


I love my mountains!

I love Utah in the spring. Snow in the mountains, green in the valley. Everything is blooming and beautiful. Unfortunately, spring does not last long here. Soon it is going to be (unbearably) hot and dry. So Noah, Max, and I decided to have our own little Spring Celebration this morning.

We packed our bags and drove to Salem. On our way we saw, much to Max's delight, lots of farm animals and their cute little babies. Noah remembered the drive from last year and he, too, started to get excited. I had been looking forward to our adventure all morning long. Salem Pond is one of my favorite places in Utah Valley.

Can you tell how happy Max is to be wearing nothing but a diaper? Freedom for this little boy!


Noah went to 'work' the minute we got there and did not stop digging, pouring, building for more than an hour. He was in heaven! When we got home, he told me: "Mama, I had so much fun. More fun than I've had all year!" That's my boy!



The water was freezing! That, however, did not keep Max from diving into it a few times. But they were not as courageous as two teenagers who were swimming in there for at least 20 minutes. I am hoping it is going to warm up a little in the next few weeks for some nice open water swimming. I can't wait!


Max is enjoying some sand-covered raisins.


I love playing and exploring with my boys. But I also really enjoy watching them do their own thing. Today was a nice mixture of both. I really do love my 'job'!


PS: The Salem Spring Triathlon takes place right here. You get to swim in the pond, bike and run through Salem. It is very family friendly and one of my favorite races. To find out more, go here.


4 comments:

Leslie said...

Ah, aren't days like that THE BEST?! So great. I'm so excited for Salem this year, such a fun race!

Cat and Blake Potter said...

CUTE! We just went to that pond on saturday...looked like a great day!

Jamie Pearson said...

How fun to spend the day at the pond. I can't wait for those kind of days.

Smart Helm said...

That looks like a wonderful afternoon. Maybe I'll get Emily to take me up there when I go visit and we can dig and pour and work all day. Oh wait.. We'll probably just do that in her garden :-). What a great Mom you are to give him his favorite day of the whole year!