Sunday, April 25, 2010

Roasting Marshmallows



This saturday,
we spent a wonderful evening at Canyon Glen Park.


We love to escape the city and go up in the mountains.
Even if it's not very far.
Clean air, less noise, beautiful scenery.
Plenty of space to run around and explore.
We are happy.


Yesterday we kept things simple.
Fire wood.
Marshmallows. Turkey dogs. Bread dough.
Strawberries, Watermelon. Oranges.


Noah and Eric were in marshmallow-roasting heaven.
The boys could not have cared less that they were
old, stale, and hard.
Except for the time Eric was choking one.
It was bad.
I thought he would not touch another one for the rest of his life.
First thing he says after catching his breath:
"I want another marshmallow."


Let's do this again. And again. And again.
All spring/summer/fall long.


You should come join us!


2 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Those are some pretty cute pictures. I love roasting marshmellows! Just not so much eating them :-)

Emily Nice said...

I agree with Melanie. I usually like to eat one and then I'm done but the roasting is the fun part! Very cute, and I hope to join sometime!

We'll have to do some in my backyard too sometime.