Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!



Sometimes I wish I lived in Germany. Like on Easter. Because over there it is a 4-day holiday for everyone. But this year we are lucky. Karl took 3 days off work and so, for us, it still feels a lot like Easter today.

On Easter Sunday, the boys spent about an hour playing Legos right after they got up. Well, Noah builds and Max destroys. Having Karl join them definitely makes it more pleasant for everyone. But once they saw the snow outside there was no holding them back. Knowing it would only last a couple of hours, they rushed outside and found enough wet, sticky snow to make a snowman. What a nice Easter surprise!




I love listening to our prophet, our apostles, and our other leaders during General Conference. It is a time of reflection, learning, pondering, inspiration, and spiritual fulfillment and very precious to me. I know that our Jesus Christ died for us, rose from the dead, and now lives. He is our Savior and Redeemer and I am so grateful for his life, his love, and his example.

We were actually supposed to leave for Moab and Arches NP yesterday but it did not happen. I know. That is very unlike our family. What do you think happened? Here is a little quiz:

The Jarvis Family did not go to Moab because:

a) of the bad weather
b) the rest of Karl's family bailed out on us
c) we don't have any money because I parked the car in the wrong spot, it got towed, we had to pay $175 to get it back
d) all of the above

Take a hard guess and let me know what you think. I may or may not reveal the answer.


5 comments:

JessWilson said...

Oh no!! I'm so sorry about your missed vacation and especially the towing of the car part (I guess D, All of the Above). Looks like you still managed to have a good time and enjoy the snow. Hope you have had fun with the Jarvis family around town. :)

wilson4 said...

I'm so sorry about your car. That is a hard lesson to learn. Usually I know everything that happens to you. When did that happen?

Jamie Pearson said...

I bet its C. Where did you park and thats a ridiculous amount for a ticket.

Leslie said...

Oh no Sarah! I'm so sorry you didn't get to go to Moab! And if D is the correct answer, I'm even more sorry.
Glad you guys had a good Easter though!

Nate + Carlee said...

Ack Sarah! I didn't send you those pictures before you posted about Easter! Sorry, they're on their way!

Also, D! That's the worst!