Saturday, October 3, 2009

San Diego Fun

We did a few other things besides playing at the beach.

For example, we took a nice and much-needed break in Vegas both directions. Thank you so much for hosting us, Melissa and Dan. We loved spending some time with you, riding bikes (partly) up Mt. Charleston, exploring the water playground, and (of course) playing in your awesome pool.


We (almost) wanted to stay and spend our whole vacation in Vegas. But we are so glad we a drove a few more long hours and, finally, reached the wonderful Warner home.


Launching rockets at the park. The boys had a great time. Kimball was really into it and could actually make them fly pretty high.


Mandy talked us into going to Sea World. And, thanks to my Papa, we could actually afford to go. We, as in Noah, Max, and I. Karl preferred mountain biking. I don't blame him but he definitely missed out. Everyone loved it. Noah and Fay's favorite part was the Shamu show.



Here they are a few days later at the park. They are playing "Shamu and his trainer". Noah and I also played "Shamu" at the pool. I was "Shamu" and he was the "trainer". He was a little disappointed in my jumping and diving skills but we had lots of fun anyway.


On the way to one of the beaches, we went to see the San Diego Temple. It is stunningly beautiful. We walked around the grounds and admired its beauty and significance. Even Noah was in awe.


Since the above family picture with Fay did not quite work out, here is Max and I. At least Max will look at the camera (sometimes).


I can't remember why we did not take any pictures at Balboa park. But we went there, too, and had lots of fun.

Thank you so much, Mitch and Mandy, for opening your house to us and making this vacation possible for us. We love spending time with you. You are welcome to visit us any time.

3 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

Glad you got to go play at the water park in Vegas. I think that is the coolest idea ever. When we visited we went and played over there to but tried not to get wet seeing how it was cold. Glad you guys had a great trip

Smart Helm said...

Hmm.. I might just need to go see Shamu too!

I was there too in Vegas! It was fun to hang out and run through the water with Noah.

amberkei said...

I LOVE San Diego! So glad you had a good time! Cute, cute kids you have!!