Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dear Mandy

Remember when we lived at the Cherry house together?
Remember that we call you "The Goddess" for obvious reasons?


Remember how you came up with the name "Cherry Chubs" and we all loved it?
Remember training together that summer like crazy?
Remember me drafting behind you on the bike, crashing in a pot hole and getting stitches?
Remember running intervals up Rock Canyon?
Remember me getting a scar from crashing into a tree because you stopped too fast?
Remember hiking/climbing Mt. Nebo in the snow?


Remember racing the Wahsatch Steeple Chase and calling it the Best Race Ever?
Remember swimming in Deer Creek once a week?
Remember how fast we were with wet suit, fins, and paddles?
Remember the forest fires, helicopters scooping up water, and us STILL swimming?
Remember all the snowshoeing we did and loved?


Remember canyoneering in the Black Box?
Remember what we all looked like afterwards?


So many treasured memories.

I could go on, and on. Unfortunately, I could not find enough pictures to keep it interesting.

Happy Birthday, Mandy

I hope you are having a wonderful day and that the next year of your life is the best yet.
I also hope everything goes well with the birth of your 3rd child.
I love you so much and miss you dearly.

Your friend, Sarah

4 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

Happy Birthday Mandy! Sarah you are such a good friend

Smart Helm said...

I agree with Jamie. Ditto!

WARNERS said...

Oh Sarah... you are so thoughtful. I can't believe what an amazing friend you are. Thank you for such a sweet post. I am so touched. I don't deserve it - your birthday is right before mine and I haven't even wished you a happy birthday yet!! I'm so impressed with you. You are such a happy part of my life - so many wonderful adventures and memories... and the best part is knowing they are not all in the past. You have been an inspiration to me on many occasions and have enriched my life in so many ways. I'm so grateful for you and your devoted friendship. I love being your friend. I love you and miss you and your family! Thank you Sarah!

wilson4 said...

I see Sarah practically every day, and still she amazes me. I wish I had blogged during our Cherry Lane years. Reading Sarah's post brought back so many memories. I think we should all start compiling some memoirs to be shared during a Cherry Chub reunion.

Happy Birthday to Mandy and to Sarah earlier in the month.