Saturday, October 24, 2009

Why we love ...

... Moab

I am back. All better. I was ready to write this big long post about Moab. But I still have issues with some of my letters. So I thought I'd just interview my family and see what they have to say. This is how it went:

"Hey, Max, my favorite brother. Why do you like Moab so much?"


"Duh, isn't that obvious? I love sand! And there is so much of it everywhere. I am in heaven. Because, did you know, sand is my favorite snack?"
"I figured."


"There is also so much to explore here. And I am pretty good at exploring."



"Did you know that I am going to be an explorer when I grow up?"
"What? That's not possible. I am going to be an explorer. With a Jeep. You will have to be something else."
"Dude, relax. We can both be explorers."


"I also like the sun tickling my face. And the millions of stars watching over me at night. Oh, and Mama sleeping right next to me in the tent. How come you did not sleep in a tent with me?"
"Because you are way too noisy and wake up too early."
"Oh. Sorry. Maybe next time."
"Maybe."


"I also have to mention that I don't mind being very dirty for 4 days straight. No baths, no soap. I think Mama even forgot to brush my teeth a few times. If now she could only forget those annoying wipes. Maybe next time we could hide them."
"Great idea. But wouldn't your bum get a little itchy from all that sand in your diaper?"
"No comment."



"The only thing I did not like so much is that now my favorite shoes are all ruined. How come I did not get to wear hiking boots?"
"Because we thought you'd be sitting in the kiddie backpack. But you had other plans..."
"That's right. Backpacks are for babies. I am all big now and can hike by myself."


"But you can't hike as fast or far as me."
"True. Sometimes I get tired. Then I find a comfy, soft spot and put myself down for a little 3-second-nap."


"Ok, thanks, Bro. You can go back to making doggie sounds now."

And he sure does. With Max panting in my ear I can't concentrate very well. And since this post is already pretty long, I will tell you what Papa said later.

Until then, Bon voyage.

(I learned that nifty little expression in one of my Might Machines videos I got for my Birthday and watched on the long drive down there.)
(I do realized that it does not quite fit here but I wanted to use it anyway. I think it sounds cool.)

2 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

He is so CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH my goodness i miss my little men. I need to come visit. to bad that wont happen anytime soon. grrrrr I love the picture of Max laying on Karl. Oh yeah I love his really really blond hair.

Smart Helm said...

Sounds like u guys had so much fun! What awesome parents you have to take u to such fun places. I'm jealous.