Friday, October 23, 2009

Granola Recipe


I am (hopefully) (maybe) (possibly) going to make Granola tonight.

Jen wishes she could, too. But she is waiting for my recipe. Grandma Janelle's recipe, that is. So I thought I would share it with all of you. Because I know you are going to love it once you put the time into making it.

Here it is:

18 c. oats
2 c. wheat germ
nuts (I use almonds)
1 1/2 c. oil
1 3/4 c. honey
2 T. vanilla

Heat the oil and honey together. Add the vanilla. Pour over oats. Mix thoroughly.
Spread a 1/2 inch layer on a cookie sheet. Bake at 300 for about 30 minutes. Or until lightly browned. Stir once during the 30 minutes.

Have fun! It is a delicious basic recipe to which you can add all kinds of other yummy stuff.

There is only one problem with having this granola in my pantry:
I will eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and my midnight snack.
And that is a BIG problem.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow it must be recipe day, did you see my blog? I love your granola and maybe i should make some too but then i might have the problem of Jesse eating it all=) Thanks for sharing

Smart Helm said...

Man, I wish I liked granola! :-)

Melissa Bunn said...

Yumm...Thanks for sharing the recipe!