Wednesday, September 30, 2009

San Diego Beaches

I wrote this post a while ago but have not posted it hoping I would get around to writing the other post that was supposed to come first. But, I have not. And since today is the first day of winter (or so it feels) I am posting this one anyway. Bear with me, the other one will come, sooner or later.

Playing at Coronado beach



I can't remember if Max is laughing or crying in this picture. It could be either. He loved digging, splashing, running, and feeling the sun tickle his skin. He hated the sand and salt in his eyes. And there was no way to prevent that from happening. Trust me.


The air was hot and the water was warm, so there was no holding Karl back. He spent quite some time, with Noah on his shoulders, out in the waves jumping over them. They only got knocked down once and Noah did not mind the dive.


Spending the evening at Mission Beach


Of course, I played in the water as well. But Max was NOT interested. He preferred finding treasures on land.


Looking for seals at La Jolla Cove


Mandy's friend let us borrow her boogie board. Fay was less interested but Noah thought it was the coolest thing. Even without waves.


Who knew a boogie board would make an excellent bridge "over" this big hole Karl dug? The beach seriously offers endless opportunities to entertain them.


Thank you, Mandy, Fay, and Kimball for being our wonderful beach guides and making it all even more fun.


9 comments:

JessWilson said...

Ohhhh, that makes me miss the beach! Looks like you all had such a great time and your boys are so cute!

Jamie Pearson said...

How fun the beach. I wish I lived closer. I mean 1 1/2 hours to get to the beach is just not close enough =) I love how tan and blonde the boys are

WARNERS said...

So fun to read your post and relive the adventure. We had such a great time with you! we miss you. I keep discovering new thinngs that I wish I would have known when you were here.

Smart Helm said...

It does look like you had a great time! I think Emily woulda liked to spend some more time at the beach so we might have to go back there some time. Lots to do so little time!

Elena Jarvis Jube said...

Oh, summer, where have you gone? We loved the San Diego beaches, too. Makes me want to be there, instead of freezing here. Max and Noah always make me laugh.

jaredandgina said...

Hey we are heading to San Diego this Friday! Is there anything you would recommend doing?

Emily Nice said...

That looks like so much fun! I want to go and spend some quality time at a warm back someday!

Danette said...

very few things in this world compare to coronado beach... LOVE!

Melissa Bunn said...

You got to love the beach. Hours and hours of entertainment no matter how old you are. I'm glad you guys took some time to stop in Vegas. It was great catching up.