Saturday, August 29, 2009

Noah in the pool

We have been spending quite some time at the pool this summer and have all been loving it. Maybe I should use the past tense, though, since it is coming to an end soon. Why can't the pools here just be open as long as it is hot and not only until school starts?

I decided to skip swim lessons for Noah this summer since it was not going so well during the winter. I also figured, at his age, the main thing is to just be used to the water and play in it a lot. So that is what we did and he definitely made some progress.

Here he is diving. This is not his best dive but the only one I have on video.



Noah thinks he can swim, of course. He thinks he can do anything. The confidence of a 3-year-old... It might not actually be a bad thing because we signed him up for his first triathlon. But more on that later...

2 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

I think Noah needs my help. Lets teach him how to swim. Good job Noah keep on trying. And i want to hear more about that triathlon you are going to do. By the way i can't even believe you can sign up a 4 year old to do a triathlon

Emily Nice said...

yay go Noah! He is doing really well. I saw him at his swim lesson that one time and he didn't do much besides stand in the water. Getting comfortable in the water and having fun is all that counts at his age. Looks like lots of fun!