Saturday, August 8, 2009

One-Year-Olds

I thought it would be fun to post pictures of each of my boys on their first birthday.

Max - 08/02/2009

In typical Max fashion: the second the candle got near him, he touched it and burned his little hand. That was the end. He would not even touch his cupcake.


I guess the practice run did not help.


Noah - 10/09/2006

Noah saw the candle, admired it and then ...


... carefully blew it out. We were all in shock. I guess it is not something that runs in the family.


Karl - 08/26/1979

I am not sure what Karl did or did not do with his candle. I should have asked his mom. But it looks to me like he was a little scared of it.



Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of myself on my first birthday available right now. Thanks to Karl's parents who scanned their family pictures carefully, one by one, and then sent them to their kids.

5 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

wow they scanned all the photos of their kids. That must have taken awhile but what a cool gift. sorry I missed Max's birthday I even asked you about it. Anyways happy late birthday Max

Emily Nice said...

ouch. burns aren't fun. well at least he won't want to be a pyro now. the boys do have some similarities to Karl. Thats fun!

Smart Helm said...

That is so cute! I like the pictures. Happy belated birthday to Max!

Jamie Pearson said...

Oh i forgot to tell you that Hailey can't believe how big the boys are. She is on her way to Idaho soon and is driving up. I told her she should stop and say hi to you guys and to visit Noah. I still think its awesome how he loved her so much. Well why wouldn't you love her. I'll let you know when they are going through and see if you will be around.

Melissa Bunn said...

That's fun to see the one-year pictures of the boys and Karl! Dan has a nephew who is terrified of candles. He is three and will run into the other room when we do the birthday cake. Hopefully Max won’t be that traumatized.