Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hip Hip Hooray

Yesterday afternoon we received a beautiful phone call. It was from the shop in which our car has been for about 10 weeks altogether now. I was starting to forget that we actually own another car. A pretty nice one. One I don't have to worry about my bike falling off because the rack is homemade. One I don't have to hold the trunk open with a stick and hope it does not accidentally close and chop my head off. One with key-less entry.

Anyway, the guy on the phone said:

We fixed your Subaru Outback! Come, get it!


He was at least as excited as we were. He had been working hard on it for a long time. Finally, he figured out that the manufacturer of the new timing belt marked it wrong and thus, he installed it wrong. Or something like that. I was not quite paying attention when Karl was telling me, because I was so happy about our car coming home.

Karl went and got it the same night and today we drove it up the canyon to Jordanelle Reservoir. No 'Check Engine' light came on. Sweet!


On the way home the car started overheating and the A/C stopped working. Not so sweet! Karl says it should be easy to fix but I am getting a little impatient and frustrated. A lot, actually.

Nevertheless, Mandy and Melissa, get ready! We are coming for sure this time. A/C or no A/C. Oh wait, we have to drive through the Nevada desert? Let me rethink that one. I hope we are coming for sure this time.

7 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

Yeah and sad at the same time. Well once you get it fixed I think you should take a trip to NC and visit me!!

WARNERS said...

I hope it won't give you any more trouble. We are really looking forward to your visit. I'm not going to Costco this time until you're at least half way :)!

JessWilson said...

Yay! So glad to hear you finally got your car back! I hope the AC is really a quick fix. :)

Elena Jarvis Jube said...

I'm so sorry about your car trouble. I didn't realize they were still working on it. What a bummer that it's happening now, while the weather is warm and you could be going fun places.

Smart Helm said...

Melissa reminded me just the other day that it was still in the shop! Man that is really frustrating. I hope they finally figure it all out. Aren't subaru's supposed 2 be reliable? Thats why I have one!

Melissa Bunn said...

Finally fixed! Yeah! I hope the AC doesn't cause more problems so you can still come and visit. See you this weekend!

Emily Nice said...

10 weeks? Were they just forgtting to work on it? i think thats what happened the last time I had my car in the shop, I wasn't the top priority and they kept blaiming it on "parts." anyways hopefully things will be quickly put back together for your next fun trip!