Sunday, October 2, 2011

Conference Sunday


Our Beloved Prophet

I always have.

(Except for my very first time
when I had no idea why
my host family was sitting in front of the TV all weekend
listening to old guys in suits.)

It is a weekend of inspiration, renewal, amazing talks,
family time, and good food.

We started our morning with
whole-wheat crepes, berries, and whipped cream.
Noah is now obsessed with whipped cream.
Maybe I shouldn't have waited 6 years to introduce him...

After 2 wonderful (and sunny) hours filled with
inspired words from church leaders,
crafts, and lego,
we headed into the woods for some fresh air.


Our plan to go up into the mountains was spoiled
by threatening thunder clouds,
so we cut our drive short and tried out a new hike.
The minute we got out of the car,
it started raining.
Max was less than thrilled (again),
so we bribed him with some fruit snacks...
As usual, he joined the fun
after a few minutes on Papa's back.

Pit stop:


The sun came out and warmed us up.


I love hiking with my boys.
Sure, I wouldn't mind a serious all-day hike
but it's great to just explore and see what they find.


During the afternoon session,
I baked some whole-wheat
Apple-Walnut Muffins.
Yumm!


Noah is quite the skilled lego builder.
It's not easy with Max around but,
come to think of it,
we did not have any major crises today.


Chilling on the Couch


The kids got really restless the last 20 minutes
and we could not wait to get them outside
and enjoy the beautiful afternoon.
Well, wouldn't you know it,
by the time we headed out the door,
it was ... raining!
Pretty hard.

I was extremely irritated!
I just felt like we deserved better than that
after spending 4 hours in front of the TV.
(Looks like I still have a lot to learn...)

It poured. We got soaked.
The kids were cold. They complained.
Good times!

The good new is that
Max is now riding the trail-a-bike!
Sweet!
Everyone is now pedaling and going (somewhat) fast!
Fun and freedom for all!


Looks like I will have to get a fender.
Water and mud all over Max and his bike.


The sun did come out, of course.
But we were still wet and cold,
and the boys were dreaming of hot chocolate
(with whipped cream).
So we went home earlier than I had hoped.

We did manage to drag them out of the house again
to play some frisbee and check out the exercise room.


Noah:
"I don't want to be outside all day!"
Me (simultaneously):
"I don't want to be stuck inside all day!"

It's all relative...


We finished the day off with some
soy Burgers and Veggies.

So grateful to be a member of the
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!
I love our prophet and his apostles.






3 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Conference Rocks!

Diana said...

i love the picture of you and the boys its so cute!

legos for lou and the kids and crafts for me are what we do during conference too!

I am amazed at how much you fit into conference weekend :)

Nate + Carlee said...

I think you should do one of those "I am a Mormon" ads because if I was a non-member just browsing and saw that I could be a super duper triathlete AND a Mormon I would be baptized immediately. Also, way to eat like rock stars. I'm pretty sure I turn into the human garbage disposal on conference weekend...