Friday, October 28, 2011

Happy Halloween


"Happy Halloween"

We kicked off Halloween
with a party in the Taylor's backyard.
The kids ran wild and the adults visited.
There was a bonfire and a lot of good food.
Everybody had a great time!

Stay tuned for more pictures...
Max was cold after swimming yesterday
and warmed up in his lion costume.
Today, he wore a different one.
Here is Noah in the lion suit in 2007.


Tonight seemed like a good night
for another pumpkin dessert.
(I made pumpkin cobbler twice last week.)
This time I decided on pumpkin cookies.
They turned out great,
so I am going to share the recipe with you:


Pumpkin Cookies

1 1/2 c flour*
1/2 t soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
1/4 t salt
1/2 brown sugar
1 c pumpkin
2 T oil
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1/2 c chocolate chips**
1 c walnuts**

* I used all whole wheat flour. It's the only kind I have.
** Chocolate chips and walnuts are optional. I used both tonight just because I had it in the cupboard.

combine dry ingredients
combine wet ingredients
mix together
(fold in chips and nuts)
bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes


I actually doubled the recipe.
I like to bake some and then freeze some.
I put them on the baking sheet all ready
and then place the whole sheet in the freezer.
Want fresh warm cookies?
Just pop the baking sheet in the oven.
This also helps me not to eat a dozen cookies
by myself while the kids are in bed.
Tonight I limited myself to 6.
Or maybe 8.
I did not count.

Happy Halloween!




3 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

oh man I should post pics of Noah in his lion costume I have a lot I think they are on my blog. Wow that seems like yesterday and then again so long ago.

elenajube said...

So cute! I love the picture of Noah and Max at the top of your blog right now. Wish we could have come down and camped with you for fall break. That looked perfect. Maybe spring...

Emily Nice said...

I remember that costume! Your cookies sound yummy. I think I'm the only one who eats pumpkin things at my house so I've been avoiding it, but freezing is a great idea (too bad my freezer is full of zucchini). I also want to try the pumpkin cobler. Where is your recipe?