Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Germany

It's been a while, I realized as I started this post. Most of you know, we (Noah, Max, and I) are visiting my family in Germany. The flights were much better than anticipated but we are still trying to adjust to life over here. It is taking a while and has been more difficult than I thought but we are managing and enjoying being with family.

My dad showed me these great pictures of him as a young lad and I wanted to share them with you. Perhaps because I have only taken a total of 2 pictures since I have been here. But I am at home after all and who takes pictures while at home?

In this picture, my dad is the one sitting in the middle holding up is satchel. I asked my dad if these kids were just dressed up. But he said that this is what you wore back then, especially when hiking. I love it. I need to buy some Lederhosen while I am here. But I know Noah would never wear them. I am hoping Max might.


Guess which soccer player is my dad in this picture?
Hint: He is the handsome one.

I resolved to take more pictures in the next few days. After all, we have been doing some fun stuff. In the constant rain. With a cranky Max. He has been cranky ever since we landed.

5 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Those are some awesome shorts. I'm excited to hear about all the fun your having! With a cranky Max of course.

Elena Jarvis Jube said...

Love the lederhosen! Hope you're having fun--we miss you guys.

Melissa Bunn said...

Those are some great pictures! I'm excited to see more pictures of your trip.

Leslie said...

Love your posts Sarah. Hope Max shakes the crankiness soon!

Emily Nice said...

Couldn't actually figure out which one is your dad... I didn't know you were going to Germany so I was suprised by this post, but so happy for you! Going home is always a blessing. Have lots and lots of fun!