Monday, December 7, 2009

Fireman Noah

Noah's fireman Halloween costume definitely was not chance. He is a fireman every day. And those who see him lots know that I really mean every day. If he is not wearing his own costume, he is wearing Eric's, and at the very least he is wearing his helmet. We brought the helmet to Germany, of course. Actually, we brought two. Kind of by accident.

So far he helmet has not bothered me. It is actually kind of cute. But Noah has always wanted it to have a chin strap and the other day he came up with is own. I am proud of him for coming up with the idea and doing it all by himself. So is he. The only problem: the chin strap is super ugly. As you can see in the last post. But what am I to do? I believe in my children being able to express themselves.


Noah loves to make a fire with Opa (almost) every night. Yesterday they spent at least a couple of hours chopping wood. There is nothing Noah would rather do. It creates a special bond between them and Noah is looking forward to Opa coming home from work every night. I am so glad Max and Noah get to spend some quality time with their Grandparents and get to know them better. It's worth the trouble.
In case you were wondering what the only thing on Noah's Christmas list is: a fireman outfit just like Eric's. Not my first choice but we decided if that is all he wants, he should get it. I am planning on him wearing it every day until at least Easter. So be prepared for lots of similar pictures.
PS: Emily, does this answer your question?

2 comments:

Emily Nice said...

I was wondering about that. Its cute! I'm glad you all get to spend time with your family.

JessWilson said...

I love Noah's creativity and problem solving for the chin strap! Dylan said that he missed Noah in Primary Sunday so it's great your posting pictures of your adventures so I can show him what Noah's been up to. :)