Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Market


This week we spent a fun morning visiting the Christmas Market close to my home town. Aunt Emily and (a sleeping) baby cousin Lynn joined us. We ate yummy Pizza. Very yummy and very much not like American Pizza. If there is such a thing. I like to believe that German Pizza is closer to the real deal since Germany is closer to Italy than the U.S. Makes sense, right?

While Max was riding a motor cycle, Noah and I practiced our ice skating skills. We had a blast and made a new friend: Penguin 7. He was awesome and allowed us to cruise over the ice feeling fast and safe.


Being used to our Mac, I am having issues with my parents' PC, but I am trying. Max is starting to be a little less cranky but is still very much attached to me. He is extremely cute as well. Yesterday he started saying "Noah" and we love it. He is picking up a few new words every day. Important ones like "Bagger" (digger), "Traktor" (tractor), and "baden" (bathing). And tons more.


Yep, it is cold here, too. But no snow, just lots of rain. And beautifully green. I have had some super fun runs in the forests around here and got to join my team for their run workout on Wednesday. 10 runner friends + warm up + speed work + 3 km test + long cool down + lotsof good conversations = 2 hours of lots and lots of running fun. I love it. My parents did not love it so much. Max was having a really hard time and Noah was trying but struggling. I am hoping I get to go again.
That's it for now.
We love you guys and miss you lots.
Especially you, Papa.


5 comments:

kar jar said...

Max already looks older!
I wish we had Pengiun 7's relatives here at skating rinks.

jaredandgina said...

Tell your family hi for me! How is this sleeping cousin Lynn? Did Emily have a baby?
Crazy! Have fun!

Jamie Pearson said...

OH man Noah's face is priceless while ice skating. Glad you guys are having fun and wish i would be with you

Smart Helm said...

I Love the pictures of u! They are so few and far between.

Emily Nice said...

that christmas market looks like a place where a kid can have lots of fun (and maybe get into some trouble:)

That penguin is such a good idea. If they had something like that for running maybe I would enjoy it as much as you seem to. Is it just jet lag that got Max cranky or is he just really clingy?