Monday, July 6, 2009

Noah's Race Report

The Mountair Mile is the funnest kids' race I know of. Last year it did not go so well for me. I was only two then, that is pretty little. I never even crossed the starting line until Papa put me in the Chariot and pushed me. I guess, I did not know how to deal with pre-race jitters yet. I have learned since.

This year, I have been excited to do this race for a while. I have also been training for it quite a bit. Sometimes Mama comes outside to tell me it is time for dinner and I say: "Mom, not now. I am training!" Duh, can't she tell? And then I continue to ride my (or my friend's) bike around the parking lot. Seriously, what is more important: training or eating? When I am lucky, my friend Junior chases me through the neighborhood. Then I go really fast. I count that as interval training.


At the Mountair Mile there are Mighties and Minis. The Mighties are the big kids, like my cousins, Sam and Toby. They race one 1-mile loop on their bikes and one running. I could have totally done that. But Mama did not think so. So I had to be a Mini. We do the same loop once. However we want to. I am not nervous in this picture or anything. I am just practicing my game face.


So I lined up right behind Sam on my bike. When I looked over there was this girl next to me on a bike just like mine but green. I was definitely going to beat her.


Max and Mama were racing, too. Max really loved it. Sometimes he was trying to jump out of the stroller and run. He is funny.


Look, we were totally ahead of everyone! At least it look like it in this picture.


I biked for about 2/3 of the way, then I switched to running. But running made me tired. So I decided to ride my scooter all the way to finish. It was super fun! I even beat Toby and Sam to the finish line! Here is Toby taking a shower after the race. He was really, really fast and took 2nd overall.


Then Sam came and did an awesome sprint at the end. Way to go, Sam!


Afterwards, we relaxed. I REALLY like my cousins.


And Max REALLY likes bikes. He explores and crawls over them every chance he has. Then he gets all black and greasy. But that is ok. He is always dirty anyway.


I REALLY wanted to be on the podium. I thought that is what you do after a race: you stand on the podium. But they never called my name. So, afterwards, Max and I climbed up ourselves.


I had a blast. It was (almost) worth the 3-hour round trip from Logan.

PS: Papa decided to skip my first triathlon and do his own race. He ran 27 miles more than me up to Logan Peak and back. I think I was faster than him though.

4 comments:

Smart Helm said...

What a fun activity, especially since u are so active! Way to go!

Cousins are the best. I'm jealous u have some so close!

JessWilson said...

Way to go Noah!!

Leslie said...

Can't imagine why Noah would think standing on the podium was routine... :)
What a fun race, good job Noah!

Jamie Pearson said...

wow starting young I see just like Mom. Good Job Noah!!