Monday, July 13, 2009

5 Minutes

Friday afternoon Karl came home with a bike he found at a yard sale for $2. Can't beat that. Well, I guess you can. The last one he found in a dumpster. I told Karl and Noah that there is no way I am storing yet another bike in our garage-less house. 3 Karl bikes + 3 Sarah bikes + 4 Noah bikes = too many bikes. Plus, why should Noah be the one with the most bikes? So they decided to combine two of Noah's and make one good one. They had a great time doing so and I guess it worked.

It took Noah 5 minutes to learn how to ride a big boy bike! He is really excited about the pedals and chain. Yes, I am proud of him. So is Karl. And in case you were wondering if the balance bike idea works, here is your answer.



Sunday morning before church, the boys went outside to get rid of some wiggles and they found a puddle. Puddles are our friends. They are so much fun.



That afternoon he rode about 1 mile to the Ellis' house and then another mile on the way back. The rule with this new bike, which is about 20 lbs heavier than his balance bike, is: I will not carry it on the back of the chariot. Not with 22 lbs of Max and 36 lbs of Noah in the front, and about another 10 lbs of diapers, toys, drinks, clothes, etc. So when Noah gets tired, we just lock it up and get it on the way back. It has worked so far.

A nice bonus: Noah was so tired and worn out, he did not come out of his room until almost 9 this morning.

4 comments:

Smart Helm said...

I loved ur comment about Noah having the most bikes! I'm impressed with Carl's ability to put 2 bikes together. That takes skills.

Go Noah Go!

Emily Nice said...

wear 'em out that makes it easier on Mom! Can he go faster on this bike?

Another thing is that he is totally used to wearing that helmet which is good.

Jamie Pearson said...

Wow that is amazing. Why does it sound like you are on a helicopter when you are video taping? Oh and when Karl was trying to describe what a maniac was Jesse says "really good" and then about a second later that is how Karl describes it to Noah.
I am way impressed that he is so good on his bike. I will get a Scoot for my kids for sure! Oh and I'm glad that Noah finally slept in for you =)

Leslie said...

I love reading your posts Sarah, you're so funny!
Way to go Noah! I've been trying to get ours to ride without training wheels, you've convinced me to take the pedals off