Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mountains and Water

When the thermometer hits 100, we need to escape. Either into the mountains or to the pool. Ideally, to a lake in the mountains. So that is what we have been doing lately: 7 Peaks, Veteran's Pool, Scera Pool, Deer Creek Reservoir, Salem Pond, ...


Friday night we went up to Deer Creek with Jen's family. Lucky for us, we ran into our favorite neighbor Jesse and his family. They had been up there boating all day and were all tired, so Jesse offered to take us out on the lake. Sweet! We traded Max for Eric and jumped aboard. We zipped and zapped through the water, screamed in the wind, hung on tight on the tube, and had tons of fun. It was definitely the highlight of the evening. BUT we left the camera on the shore. Too bad. Noah loved boating so much, we had to pretend the turtle was a boat. I was the motor.


Then we did what we came for: eat and play and swim. Until it was bedtime.

Earlier that same day we biked up to BYU campus and played in the super cold stream and waterfalls.


Noah did not mind the freezing water.



This is what Max thought:

Hey, there is water to play in. Awesome. And rocks to climb over. Sweet.


Here I come.


I am going to just dip my toe in there and see what it is like.


It is way too cold. Why did not anybody tell me? Mama, save me!


Ok, I am ready this time. Let's do this again ... and again ... and again ...

The next day the whole family was off to Salem Pond. One of my favorite places in the summer: shade, grass, sand, water. The kids (mainly) just play and I (mainly) just sit there. Every once in a while, when Max has eaten too much sand, someone is about to drown or I just need a cold drink, I say: "Hey, Karl. Can you help?" And he does. Nice.


Noah's new favorite water toy is my kick board. Actually, to be correct, it is Karl's. I (think I) gave it to him. That must have been a long time ago because he has not been in the pool for about a year. Oh, wait, he has. He ran around the valley so much that he got a stress fracture in his foot. Now is back on his bike and in the pool. Such is the life of an ultra runner. Anyway, now Noah claims it.


He had so much fun with that thing, unbelievable.


PS: I do feel bad for Karl.

3 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

Hey the date on your post is wrong. Just thought I would let you know. I'm glad you guys get to swim all summer long, ha so do I but I don't think I'm enjoying it as much as you guys. I do forgive you for forgetting my bday i guess this once=) Tell Noah to keep kicking and he will be a great swimmer I love how you are starting them young!

Melissa Bunn said...

Water is the best way to escape the heat! Good thing you have lots of water to choose from. Your boys are sure getting big!

Smart Helm said...

How did I miss all these posts? I'm such a looser.

I love water too. But there just isn't a nice place to go here in Vegas.

That water in Provo is COLD!