Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Week Away


Matching PJs. From the thrift store. Bought on separate occasions.

Man. I have been a slacker in the blogging department.
Not that I have not been wanting to blog.
If it was up to me, I'd write a post every day.
But sometimes life just gets in the way of blogging
and, to be quite honest, I like it that way.
I'd rather live life to the fullest than have a full blog.
Haha.

Back in December when visiting my in-laws,
I asked them:
Would you like to come visit in February?
They emphatically answered:
Yes.
Then I added:
While I take a little trip to St. George for training?

Luckily,
they did not back out.
Instead,
they packed their bags, the sewing machine,
Kirkland peanuts, granola, and home-dried fruit.
They added a lot of
patience and love
and made their way through a snowstorm
to take care of their son and grandsons.

Believe me:
These two cute guys can be quite a handful.
Actually, I am sure that is not hard to believe.

Fun in the dryer.
(We do wear clothes every once in a while.)

It was an incredibly nice gift to my sanity and fitness.
I really appreciate their and Karl's sacrifices,
just so I could bike and run all over the place
and be blissfully happy.

I am back. Life is good. I love my family.
This is where I belong. I am happy.

(Nope. I am not just trying to talk myself into this.
It's really how I feel.)


PS: Karl's parents gave the boys a very nice, very big gift before they left. I will tell you what it is once I take some pictures.

PPS: Have I mentioned that I love my in-laws???

PPS: I am going to talk more about my week in SG on my triathlon blog. Soon. Like, hopefully tomorrow.


3 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Wow, you gone for a whole week? I'm sure ur inlaws were happy to make the sacrifice to spend so much one on one time with their grandkids :-) Ya for grandparents!

Jeremy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

Haha, that was me, under the wrong name

Yes Thank You Karl's parents!! St George just wouldn't be the same without you Sarah!