Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Kind of Saturday



6 am
Masters swim. Empty lanes, good workout.

9-11 am
Playmobil. When am I not playing Playmobil??? Karl is running up Mt. Elden with a friend. I call him to tell him that we all want to go to Sedona. We are tired of winter in Flagstaff. I am tired of the mud. (See picture above. This is what they have been looking like all week!)

11 am
After I build the boys a cool garage for their fire truck, I sneak away for a second and catch my sister on Facebook. Then we get to skype!

Noon
Both boys fall asleep on our drive to Sedona. It would help if they did not wake up at 6:30! Also, Max wore himself out crying the entire time while we were getting ready. He always thinks he is getting left behind.

2 pm
I get to take my bike out for a recovery spin in the warmth and beautiful red rocks while the boys enjoy in the park in shorts and t-shirts.

2:30 pm
My right shifter breaks and I now have only 2 (pretty useless) gears available.

3 pm
My front tire explodes! I am just glad I did not get hurt. I am also wondering if Leslie passed her bad luck on to me... Good thing my bike mechanic and his little helpers were close by and could come to the rescue. Nonetheless, my ride was over.

3:30 pm
We find a great little trail head with a huge mud puddle at the beginning. Perfect! I know, I know. I wanted to get away from the mud. But since I had already brought their boots (just in case) and extra clothes, I just could not say No. Besides, who can pass up red mud?

3:30-4:30 pm
I am thoroughly enjoying myself running on a beautiful trail in Long Canyon. In the meantime, the boys play hard and take their bikes for a spin on the trail.

6:30 pm
Orange roughy, rice, veggies, and edamame for dinner.

8 pm
Kids are (almost) asleep in their new bunk bed.

Good night!

Oh, wait! I have yet to unpack all our stuff. Karl's been super helpful but the guy needs a break, too. At least every other week...






2 comments:

Leslie said...

Sorry for the bad luck!! I'm doing my best to get rid of it, just never meant for that to happen by spreading to others! Arg! I do envy the sunshine and warmth though, that sounds really nice

Smart Helm said...

Where did these posts come from? I must have missed them.

I miss the sun too. Can't wait to get back 2 Vegas. Tire explosions.. blah.