Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's a bunk bed!



The boys got their very own bunk bed!
Courtesy of Grandma and Grandpa.

Karl and I had been wanting
to start looking for used ones.
But I have been hesitant since Max (occasionally)
still takes naps and I was worried he would
give it up all together if we moved them into bunk beds.
I don't like moving my kids out
of their cribs until they're done napping,
although they can easily climb out.

Well, when I came home from my trip,
there it was.
New bunk bed all set up, new mattress covers,
new sheets, same great kids.


It's been a week and so far so good.
They go to bed just the same.
Max does (or does not) take his nap just the same.
No one has fallen out so far.
But someone has definitely jumped off a few times.

Max had a hard time waking up from his nap today.

I gave my old twin comforter to Noah
and he handed his little one down to Max.
Everyone is happy.
(No. I do not tuck my kids in.
I can see how the blanket would stay on them better
but I can't handle the whole sheet+blanket+quilt all-tucked-in thing.
Drives me nuts.
Too much work and I feel like I am in prison.
I dare say that I've converted Karl as well.
Just thought I'd let you know.)

Thank you, thank you, thank you,
Grandma and Grandpa!






4 comments:

jaredandgina said...

I hate the tucked in feeling, seriously so annoying!! Nice bed looks like they will have lots of fun together!

Jamie Pearson said...

Wow so fun for the boys. I remember we would always hang sheets off the top bunk and make forts on the bottom bunk. I bet they will do that soon too.

kar jar said...

Didn't Max fall out the bottom bunk once? eh, no biggie either way.
Good idea about the fort, Jamie!

Smart Helm said...

I absolutely love bunk beds! Jamie is right.. that's what we used to do all the time too.