Saturday, September 1, 2012

Our Own Kids Triathlon (by Max)



Fine! If my parents aren't going to sign me up for a triathlon although I am already 4 and can (almost) swim, I am just going to come up with my own race. Can't be that hard! 
Also, have I mentioned that my brother Noah did his first triathlon at age 3? What's up with that? 

While in Utah, Mama needed to do some open water swimming and we wanted to come along. We packed our wetsuits, bikes, and running shoes because... why not? You never know when all that gear might come in handy. 
The lake was a disappointment to say the least. No grass, no shade, yucky sand, and freezing water. I decided right then and there that I need to go back to Germany ASAP. But I also decided to make the best of it and as soon as Mama got done swimming back and forth, I declared: 

Let's do a triathlon! 
(about 5 times and really loud)

She seemed a bit surprised. Not sure why. I mean: Isn't that what she trains for all the time? 
I recruited Noah and off we went. I made up all the rules, mostly to make sure that I would win but also because I like to be boss. Who doesn't? 


It was a beach start. Because I love nothing more than to sprint down the sand and throw myself into the water. So fun! I tried to swim along the beach but that was way too boring and hard. So then Noah and I tossed the rocket back and forth a few times. Mama didn't even get in the water past her belly button because she claimed she was way too cold. Didn't she just swim in this thing for 30 minutes? Girls! 


I was getting a little chilly myself, so I ran out of the water as fast I could yelling: 

Time to hop on our bikes


Transitions are easy-peasy. 
I have watched plenty of them and even practiced in the driveway with Mama before, 
so I am pretty sure I beat Noah to the bike
which is all I really care about! 

Shoes on, helmet on, and off we pedaled around the reservoir!



Look at me. I was going pretty darn fast
I almost ran over some random people/spectators but, hey, it's a race! 
It's not like I have time to watch where I am going!

(I know. I am still in my wetsuit. 
But I read that some of the athletes at Boise 70.3 this year also rode their bikes in their wetsuits, 
so I figure I would learn from the best!)


Onto the run. Check this out: I am still ahead of Noah! 
I am going to win this thing!
Booyeah! 


I won!!!

Can't remember if I won overall or just my AG but a win is a win! 

Now that I showed my parents how good I am at this, 
I am hoping they'll sign me up for a real one soon! 

Until then, 
Max





2 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

Love it! he is so funny. and wow I can't believe Max hasn't done a triathlon yet. He must be the 2nd child.

amberkei said...

Awesome! I love how much they love what you have introduced them to! It's great!
That's the reservoir close to our house. Pretty fun!