Sunday, September 23, 2012

Buddha Beach and Mud Island



Karl's birthday was on a Sunday this year. 
But with church at 8am there was plenty of time for birthday fun
We had some lunch, packed a few things, and headed down to Sedona


The kids had a blast. Obviously. 


The hike is super kid-friendly
It's less than a mile to Buddha Beach, a great spot by the river, and the trail is very diverse. 
We aren't fond of dragging our kids on long and boring hikes because we want them to love the outdoors as much as we do!
This one keeps them happy and entertained...


... as long as we keep them hydrated...


... but even then we get a grumpy face here and there. 


Noah enjoyed taking pictures of the scenery
Some of them actually turned out rather well: 




Once by the river, the boys immediately found some good mud and went to work:




Max's mud-rock-leaf-pile creation


There really aren't a lot of things that make me happier than watching my kids enjoy nature
I don't mind sitting on uncomfortable rocks for a long time as long as they're having fun! 
I love listening to the river and my view wasn't bad either:


After a while we moved a little ways downstream and found this: 


Mud Island
The boys were in heaven! 





You should've heard this kid scream at the top of his lungs 
when we tried to wash him off. 
But I am pretty sure he thinks it was worth it. 

I guess I didn't get a whole lot of pictures of the birthday boy
I think/hope he had a good time as well! 
In the midst of getting ready for Vegas I was trying hard 
not to act too tired or cranky or hungry. 
I am pretty sure I still failed miserably but at least I was trying! 

I am very grateful for my little family. 
Thank you, Karl! 


PS: Karl took 2nd in the Flagstaff 50k yesterday and I am so proud of him! He wasn't in the best shape considering he had been sick the last 3 weeks but he still pulled off an amazing race! You can read his race report here



No comments: