Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Beautiful Desert Camping



On our way to Utah in July, we decided to break up the drive and camp somewhere along the way. This always sounds like a great idea until I have to pack camping gear and food on top of everything else. In addition, I am about the least spontaneous person I know, so I make Karl research different options along the way. Just in case. 



This time we lucked out! It was the perfect spot! 
Somewhere after Page and before Kanab, we turned onto a dirt road
and I immediately started throwing a fit because Karl couldn't tell me exactly how far we had to go on that road. I absolutely hate dirt roads. Especially with my nice bike on the back! 
But I hung in there for all of the 2 miles it took to get to a little piece of paradise



It was a little remote camp site that was free and all ours! 
Plenty of exploring right behind us and beautiful sand to play in! 
We definitely haven't done enough family camping this year...



We set up camp, played, ate dinner, and enjoyed each other's company. 
 And I think both Karl and I thought back a few years when we would come down here and go canyoneering. Good times! 
We can't wait for the boys to grow up and go on some bigger adventures together as a family! 


 Everybody slept well despite the thunderstorms rolling through 
and the next morning we woke up to blue sky and warm sun
I love the desert! 



We explored and hiked some more before packing up and heading further north. 
It was definitely worth the extra effort and we might have to come back again soon! 







2 comments:

Diana said...

Love the spontaneity, I would have such a hard time agreeing to do that, then again I don't like camping ;)
Sounds like such a fun adventure. Glad you found that perfect spot.

WARNERS said...

Wow. Looks like an amazing place. So glad you pulled it off! I love the pictures of you and Max - you look so beautiful Sarah! Miss you!