Monday, March 19, 2012

Back to WinterWonderLand



Remember my last post? The pictures of the kids having a blast in the outdoor pool? Sunshine and a perfect 70 degrees? Shorts and tan lines? 

Well. This is what we got now! 2 feet of snow!!! 


We barely made it back home during Sunday's major snowstorm. They had already announced that NAU, all public schools, and pretty much everything else was going to be closed on Monday! 

Snow Day!!!


Out day went something like this: 

*crepes for breakfast*


*lego fun for hours*


*some cleaning and laundrying*


*snow play*


*Sam's Club for groceries and samples*


 *YMCA*


*more snow play with Papa*


There was almost too much snow! It was extremely difficult to make any sort of path for sledding or skiing. But I was not complaining - the gym was closed all morning, so I figured I might as well get in a workout towing, pulling, digging, flattening, stomping, etc. 


Max was trying so hard to make his own path and was (for once) a stud in the snow!


We love the snow! Everything is wrapped in white fluffiness and looks gorgeous!


Visitors are welcome any time! You don't wanna miss out on all this winter fun, do you? 


PS: If now I could just figure out a way to sneak away to the Nordic Center and enjoy my favorite kind of cross-training: skate skiing! But, alas, turns out schools are delayed a couple of hours tomorrow and Max will be home all day. Wednesday calls for a long tempo run and I don't think Coach would be too thrilled if I went romping around in the snow instead... I am hoping the snow will stick around for a little longer this time, so there is still hope. 







No comments: