Thursday, January 27, 2011

World Records


Noah has been asking us about
all kinds of world records in the last year.
Having to say "I don't know" all the time,
we were starting to sound like not-very-smart parents.
So Karl got him the
Book of World Records
for Christmas.

Both boys love looking at it and reading in it.
Noah owns quite a few world records himself by now.

"Mama, I found the world's biggest leaf.
Hurry. Take a picture!"


"Mama. This is the world's biggest chip.
Take a picture. Now!"


"Mama. I made the Lego-man with the most heads in the world.
Where is the camera?
Mama! Max knocked it over. Oh well. Take a picture anyway."


"Mama. I found the biggest peanut in the whole world.
Can you take a picture? Pleeeeaaaase?"


Since I took all these pictures
(there are many more world records that I did not take a picture of)
I thought I might as well put them on here.
I love how serious Noah is about it.
So usually I will stop and find the camera and take a picture.

Vielen Dank fuer die Masken, Oma!

A little side not about Max.
Since he actually took a nap yesterday
(this happens about twice a week these days),
he was not quite as pooped at bedtime.
So after he had been in his bed for a while,
he climbed out,
opened the door,
stuck his little head out,
and said:

"Instead. Ich will lieber ein Movie schauen."
("Instead. I would rather watch a movie.")

Nice try, honey!
'Instead' is his new favorite word.
He uses it all the time and it matches his personality quite well.
Of course, there is always something he'd rather do
than what I want him to.




2 comments:

jaredandgina said...

Noah is so great! and I love the Instead what a funny word for a kid to use

Smart Helm said...

That is so awesome that you take all those pictures. Noah is one smart cookie!