Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Thoughts





So. Our new ward decided to call me into the Primary Presidency as the First Counselor. I am not sure they were aware that I had never been in Primary ever before. Not as a child, not as a teacher, not even as a substitute. What were they thinking?

It's been almost 3 months now and - truth be told - I love it. The other ladies in the Presidency are amazing and I get to learn a lot from them. Our kids are the best! After having had a hard time trying to remember their names and learn more about them, I decided to play some fun get-to-know-you games during Sharing Time and I think we all enjoyed it. I was hoping to bond with them more during the Quarterly Activities but since they are not part of the plan anymore, I will have to think of other ways to form relationships. Any ideas?

It is good for me to be preparing lessons and trainings on Saturday night and Sunday morning. Otherwise I get distracted too easily. Mostly by triathlon-related thingies. Today I got to get ready for Sharing Time, plan a Teacher Training with Jennifer, and prepare a talk with Noah. Good things church does not even start until 1:30. And Sacrament Meeting is last. Ha. It is actually not too bad and we are definitely going to take advantage of the fact that we can leave town for the weekend and not have to come back until Sunday afternoon. I am going to start enjoying that next weekend, actually...

In case you are wondering about Noah's talk. He never opened his mouth. But I was prepared. He has, as a matter of fact, never opened his mouth at the pulpit in Primary ever before. Not for a prayer. Not for a scripture. Not for a talk. He is CTR 5 now. I actually don't think it is a big deal. He helped me prepare, held up the pictures we had chosen, and seemed pretty delighted. I am thinking maybe by the time he joins Senior Primary, he will have more courage... He definitely enjoys having me in Primary every Sunday.

As I was telling my kids today, I am grateful that our Savior knows each one of us personally. He knows our thoughts and our hearts. And He really wants to have a deep relationship with each one of us. I want to get to know Him better this year by reading my scriptures and praying more often.

Happy Sunday and Happy Martin Luther King Day!






3 comments:

Diana said...

I would love for you to be in our kids Primary presidency you are so good with kids.
I am glad you are enjoying your calling and getting so much out of it.

jaredandgina said...

How fun! Noah will eventually talk. I just caught up on your other blog. You are so crazy! I can't believe how long you workout, I am happy if I get 30-60 minutes a day!!

Smart Helm said...

I bet u are awesome in primary because you bring fresh perspective to it. Its a good thing there are people like you who are willing and able to take care of and love those kids. Hope you have some great weekends!