Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our Christmas



We have been having a lovely time here in Utah so far.
I think it is fair to say that we are enjoying every minute of it.
We, Karl and I, are actually getting some down time.
Karl's dad couldn't not capture this rare occurrence.
I still feel the need to justify myself:
we got up a minute later to do some P90X plyometrics.


Christmas Eve was pretty mellow. I like it that way.
After playing outside, we had a delicious dinner with Grandma and Grandpa.
We sang Christmas songs accompanied either by Grandma on the piano
or by Grandpa on his (new) guitar.
What a treat to have all this beautiful music.
We acted out the Christmas story. More or less.
We: more. Noah: less. Max: pretty much not at all.
We could convince Noah to be a wise man,
in addition to his usual sheep dog role.

The boys opened one present each.
A police helicopter for Noah and a firefighter helicopter for Max.
They were happy and eventually fell asleep holding on tight to their new treasures.


While Karl went over to his sister's house with his parents,
I finished up wrapping some presents and putting them under the tree.
Notice that there are no presents under the tree in the above picture.
Max is not particularly patient when it comes to presents.


Christmas morning was nice and relaxed as well.
Max woke up at 7:30 but stayed in our bed until 8:00.
We don't believe in Santa Claus around here, in case you were wondering.
Both boys were actually
brave enough to sit on one Santa's lap this year,
but really?
I am not into fairy tales and I am most definitely not into Santa.
I have to admit that I enjoy the German Christmas traditions more.
Also, neither Karl or I grew up believing in Santa
and I think we turned out ok.

My favorite Santa conversation this year:
Max: "There is a Santa Claus."
Noah: "It is Santa. Not Santa Claus."
Max: "I like Santa Claus."
Noah (agitated): " It is Santa. Not Santa Claus. He does not even have claws."



Then it was time to go play outside.
Check out these dudes on their new wheels!
I think they've got pretty good moves already.



Noah got what he wanted:
BMX pants and a skateboard.
He also does not mind the knee/shin guards that came with the pants.
The safer the better.





On their way to Uncle Ty's house.
The kids were getting restless, so I sent them ahead with their dad
and picked them up on my way.


It is sad to see what is left of the big snow storm Monday night.
Can we have more snow? Please?


Christmas dinner with (not even half of) the Jarvis Family.
We are missing something like 9 dear cousins and their parents,
who have decided to move to exotic places such as Fiji and Brazil.


Hope you had a wonderful Christmas as well!
What a great time of year.



1 comment:

jaredandgina said...

looks like fun! So fun to see you guys!