Wednesday, December 22, 2010

There is no place like 'home'


My two handsome boys

It feels good to be home. After a 10-hour drive, we arrived safely in Utah Monday night. Phew. It was not even as bad as I had feared. Even though we were in a snow storm for about 3 hours, it only took us an extra hour. Not too bad.

As you know, I hate the car with a passion and was prepared to run the last 10 miles to Karl's parents' house. When we came in October, I was so grumpy by the end of the drive, that Karl found me some running shoes under the seat and threw me out of the car. I ran the last 2 miles. I did better this time. Probably because I had already run 8 miles before we even got in the car. Felt a lot less antsy.

It was still snowing when we went to bed Monday night and Tuesday morning we woke up to about 12 inches (30 cm) of snow! We were thrilled! What better way to start our winter vacation? The boys got bundled up and headed outside. Max did not last very long, however, because the snow was too deep for him to walk in. Poor guy. He hung out with Grandma and Grandpa inside while the two big boys lasted quite a lot longer. It is definitely convenient to have a hill in the backyard.

Like Karl's hat? I think it is sexy. He thought he forgot his bag of winter gear but actually found it later that day. Or maybe that was just an excuse 'cause he really wanted to wear the sexy pink hat. Who knows.


Are you wondering why I did not join in on the fun? Well, I was busy spinning my chubby legs on the trainer in the garage for 90 minutes. But then I ventured outside and ran over to my massage appointment. First snow run this winter and I loved it. I can't wait to get on some nice trails.

August '10

Of course, seeing Eric and Rubie was at the very top of the boys' list. They have been talking about the reunion for days. And it was just as sweet as they had imagined it in their little minds. Playing, sledding, more playing. Laughing, talking, being silly. We definitely miss these guys and their awesome mom!

Also on the list: A gingerbread castle. Karl and his parents are gingerbread-house-making experts and so I pretty much did not do anything but eat candy. Max and Noah loved every minute of it.



The front. Notice the two knights and their horse.


The back. Noah, the proud artist. Max is asleep at this point.


We are very happy to be spending the holidays in Utah, seeing friends and visiting family. We can't wait to see what fun the next two weeks hold. Hopefully some more sledding. But after 12 (and counting) hours of rain, there is not much hope (or snow) left. This is indeed tragic. I am serious. Rain and cold weather is not a good combination in my book. Why do you think I moved from the green forests (Germany) to the desert?

Happy Holidays! Karl is almost finished with the Christmas letter...



1 comment:

jaredandgina said...

Oh Yeah! We are heading to Utah in the morning!! Hopefully there is more snow!! Can't wait to see you!!