Thursday, October 14, 2010

Slide Rock Fun




As soon as I heard about Slide Rock State Park, I knew that we had to go there - as soon as possible. I also knew that it would be one of my favorite places in Arizona. And it did not disappoint!

The drive through Oak Creek Canyon was beautiful. Definitely a place we need to go back to and explore some more. Funny thing is, it looks a lot like Utah!


Does this look extremely fun, or what? My kind of place for sure!


The water was colder than expected and very slippery. Max was not so sure at first!


I am not one to pass up a cliff-jumping opportunity. That would be my splash! It made me miss Lake Powell a lot!


Karl showing off his jumping skill.


The boys had a lot of fun, for sure. But I might have loved it even more than they did!




Drying off on the warm rocks after going through the natural water slide.


We also went for a great little hike up the canyon and can't wait to come back for more fun!!! Anyone want to join us??? It is only a 40 minute drive from Flagstaff...


5 comments:

Leslie said...

That looks like so much fun Sarah! Note to self, visit in the summer :)

wilson4 said...

We want to come.

Smart Helm said...

Way cool! water,sun, slides.. doesn't get much better than that!

Elena Jarvis Jube said...

If Matt we're injured, we'd be on our way right now. :(
That looks way fun!

Jamie Pearson said...

I want to come play...maybe next summer when we live a little closer (hopefully)