Sunday, October 17, 2010

Picking Plums




We went to Utah for a quick visit at the end of September and really enjoyed being 'home'. Karl needed to collect bugs in Ogden for one of his projects before it got too cold. No way was I going to stay here with the kids, so we loaded up the car and headed North.

I had been hoping to be able to visit Utah in the fall anyway. It is just absolutely gorgeous and there are so many fun things going on that I did not want to miss. Just Grandma and Grandpa's garden bounty alone is worth the trip. One of Noah's favorite things to do at their house is weeding. No joke. He really enjoys it. Both Noah and Max love spending time with their grandparents in the garden.



Unfortunately, we all had the stomach flu while there. So most days I could not muster up enough strength to get out the camera and take pictures. During their plum-picking party I just laid in the grass and took pictures. That was nice. Luckily, the sickness did not affect the boys as much and they still had plenty of energy to run around and enjoy themselves.



Max definitely enjoyed the climbing more than the picking but he was nevertheless proud of his loot. We absolutely love having so much fruit in our kitchen with Plum Crunch being our favorite!



Thank you, Grandma and Grandpa! For letting us make messes in your house. For teaching the boys about gardening. For being so patient and kind. For cleaning up our vomit more than once. For serving us delicious meals. We love you!

Sorry. I hope no one that reads this blog and lives in Utah is going to be offended that I did not spend time with them. We only had a few days and those were packed already. Being sick did not help... We are going to come back for Christmas with more time and a Papa that will actually be with us in Provo rather than up in Ogden. So we will see you then!

One more Utah post to follow...


3 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

I miss all the fresh fruit too. Its just not the same up here. Oh and you are up super early aren't you? I mean I'm up early and you just posted this =) Also I can't blieve how high Noah will climb on that ladder thats crazy.

Smart Helm said...

Wow, that is alot of plums! So sorry you were ill. I'd rather have a cold over the stomach flu any day. YUCK!

JessWilson said...

So much for for kids to play in the garden. And plum crunch....Yum! I really need to get your recipe. :)