Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dirty Dash


Unfortunately, we had to miss the inaugural Dirty Dash back home at Soldier Hollow.
Noah is still heart broken.
So we decided to put on our own Dirty Dash.
Very spontaneously.

We were out on a nice little bike ride.
Stopped at a nice little park to play.
And then they found this:


There was no holding them back. Of course.
Not that I tried. You know me...
I was busy catching flying articles of clothing
and keeping at least Noah from exposing himself completely.
I was not too worried though.
We are not in Utah anymore and there was not a soul around.


The only problem was the complete lack of water
for cleaning them up.
Baby wipes, a trickling water fountain, and the water left in my bottle
were barely enough to clean off Max's pinky.

So they ran around in the grass until the mud dried.
Then we put the clothes back on over the dirt.
It worked just fine.


You should've seen the tub after their bath!
In case you are wondering:
Yes, it was definitely worth the hassle.
Yes, I would let them do it again.
As a matter of fact,
we have done something similar at least twice since then.

I just love sitting in the grass
and watching them have a blast!




7 comments:

wilson4 said...

Eric would have loved it too!

jaredandgina said...

Boys will be boys!! I decided not to do the triathlon this year seeing as I didn't even have a bike or a swimming pool and moving was to busy. I am hoping to next summer!

Emily Nice said...

did he fall down in it or sit down on purpose?

Those are some funny pictures :)

Smart Helm said...

I think my favorite is the "we're not in Utah anymore" comment. The dirtier the better

Leslie said...

LOL! That was awesome! You're such a great mom!

Leticia Watson said...

Your boys are always going to think of you as the best mom ever!!

Diana said...

You are a fabulous mom! wow I would never let my kids do that you're great!!