Thursday, September 2, 2010

Our Backyard


Humphrey's Peak - view from our home

On Sunday, we decided to explore our backyard. Not literally, of course. All we really have is a tiny balcony which we use as our storage area. But we like to think of the forest behind our apartment as our backyard.

Off we are. Max, leading the exploration. Noah, hot on his heels. Karl, the entomologist, with his bug net. Me, trying to document the outing.


Thank you, Carlee, for giving Noah another Freedom Run shirt. Now he really can wear it every day! I did not quite have the heart to "accidentally lose" those during our move. I sure "lost" lots of other stuff though.


Looking for anything and everything that might be of interest...


Sticks, flowers,


more sticks, rocks,


all kinds of bugs,




and even 2 deer!



I had to take a couple more pictures of the wild sunflowers. Apparently, we missed most of the wildflowers in bloom. We are excited to see even more beauty next year, but for now we are happy with what we've got.



We love our new backyard!

A tour of the apartment is in the works. It is just not quite there yet. Still some boxes around and not all the pictures hung up. Maybe next week...


PS: Huge props to Karl, who is fixing our extremely whimpy disposal after I managed to clog it for the second time in 2 days. I owe you, Karl! Actually, I think by now he moved on to cleaning up the whole kitchen. I can't decide if I should keep sitting here for a few minutes or go help him...

7 comments:

Leslie said...

How fun Sarah! I do hope we can come visit you someday soon! I miss you!

jaredandgina said...

That is great to have that behind your place. How fun for the boys!

Jamie Pearson said...

Its so pretty. we will have to come visit someday

Emily Nice said...

thats very pretty! reminds me of some places near where I grew up. Now you just need to find a stream or something. That always kept us entertained all day.

Good job on getting your apartment all set up. Thats great that you're almost there. Its really tough with your two little helpers, I'm sure.

Nate + Carlee said...

I'm glad Noah likes his shirt! I am thinking about doing that bike ride...you know how I have mad biking skillz. Also, I LOVE the new pic of the boys so cute! We miss you, but thanks for letting me borrow your workout buddy!

Diana said...

that is so cool Sarah. what a perfect area for you and your family!!

WARNERS said...

Wow, it is beautiful! Like Emily, it reminds me too of places in NM. I'm so happy you have such great places to explore that are near by. Thanks for keeping us updated. I should go update my blog...nah.... maybe later!