Saturday, January 30, 2010

Face Painting

This is what we have been up to this week:

Face Painting and Big Cats

It all started on Monday morning. Someone rediscovered our Aqua Bunti. They are colored pencils which turn into face paint when wet. Pretty cool. Imported from Germany. We are all excited and Noah decides on a Tiger face. We find a picture and I get to work. When Eric comes over, he wants face paint too. Then Noah changes his mind and wants to be a different wild cat. Then Eric decides to be a snake. I am out running at this point and Jen is with all four kids. I am not sure how she does it, but they are all happy when I get back. Thanks for your patience and love, Jen!


That night Noah really wants to be a Husky. I am making dinner and so it's Karl's turn. But it does not turn out the way Noah had in mind and he is very upset. By this time I am slightly regretting having found the pencils.

Tuesday Noah goes to the library as a Bobcat. In the afternoon he is wearing Lynx face paint. We always have a photograph (book or internet) of the chosen animal next to us when painting, so I know what to do and Noah has no reason to complain.

Wednesday morning he gets up and first thing he says is: "I want to be a Leopard." Ugh, can we have breakfast first? I just swam for 1.5 hours and am starving. I barely manage to get him to eat breakfast with us. Then he is on my case again. Fine, I will paint your face now. After teeth brushing and face washing. He throws a small tantrum but then he's ok.

While I am turning Noah into a leopard Max is keeping himself busy by trying out all the toothbrushes, squeezing out tooth paste, exploring my make-up, coloring himself and his surroundings, and pulling the computer off the counter. Great!

Noah thinks his face turns out well and his happy. For a small moment. Until we realize he is still wearing his pajamas. He insists on putting on his hoodie and thus smears the paint all over. He wants me to fix it. NOW. My turn to throw a small tantrum.

Wednesday afternoon Noah is Poco, the Husky in Bob the Builder.


Thursday morning Noah wants to be a Panther. Sweet. We color his face black and draw white whiskers. Done.

Friday we go to gymnastics with a Jaguar in tow. I am worried about how long this infatuation with face paint will last.

Today we had a busy day with lots of sledding and playing in the snow and Noah did not even ask me to turn him into some wild cat! I am hoping this is more than just a short break.

Of course Noah acts like a wild cat, too. Here he is practicing his pouncing skills.


When he is not being a wild cat, or reading about them, or talking about them, or asking questions about them, he is Bob the Builder. Or Poco. I get to be Wendy. Max is Pilchard, the cat. He really wanted me to take these pictures of him. So I did.


How has your week been?

3 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

Wow you are such an artist. I have never heard of pencils like that before it think they are probably easier than having to do it with some kind of paint. You are doing a fantastic job and I'm glad you posted pictures. And I LOVE the one with a hair clip holding his bangs laugh oh I can just imagine you having a girl. Oh and why do you wish a wild boy upon me?? THats just mean =)

Emily Nice said...

Wow you are a way patient! I'm amazed. I agree with Jamie, the hair clip was a nice touch :)

Melissa Bunn said...

Your facing painting skills are impressive! Way to go! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!