Saturday, October 25, 2008

Oma and Opa

I know, it has been a while and these are not in chronological order but I had to post some of these adorable pictures of Noah and his German grandparents (Oma and Opa). They came for 4 weeks in August, played with us, took Noah on an awesome trip to Yellowstone and the Tetons and then met their new grandson Max before heading home again.

Opa and Noah catching up on stuff. It had been a while...



Noah showing off his skills on the Laufrad. It is too bad we lost all of the videos when our hard drive crashed. He is pretty talented.



Enjoying being at Grandma Becky's house. One of Noah's favorite places...



...partly because of the tramp. He loved sharing it with Opa



and teaching him tricks



Hiking Stuart Falls with both sets of grandparents. What a treat!





Having lunch afterwards.



And off they went with their rented RV. And Noah loved every minute of it! He must have my love-for-traveling-genes because he was not ever really homesick.



Maybe also because he brought along most of his toys: bike, dump truck, bobby car and trailer and many more things you can't see in these pictures.



And then there are all the toys nature provides: sticks, rocks, dirt, mud, water, etc. All of Noah's favorites.




Noah loved hanging out with Opa, doing the same things I did with when I was his age.

Hiking


Skipping rocks



Balancing on logs



"I love you, Opa"



And Oma is a great cook.



Yumm!



Finger painting outside






They went canoeing on the beautiful lakes in Yellowstone NP







And took a dip in the freezing water.









After a nice shower, all nice and clean, it was time to say good-night to the bears and moose.




Thank you, Oma and Opa for such a fun trip and such wonderful memories.

And when they got home, there was little Max!



But he did not keep us from having fun! We took him to he pool where he could take a nap with Opa



or snuggle with Oma



while Noah was having fun in the water







The End

4 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

Wow Max has grown sooo much. Thats so crazy. Poor Max looks so uncomfortable in that seat-look at that neck. I wish I could go on a Trip like Noah I'm so jealous!

Emily Nice said...

Such cute pictures! I think Noah looks like his Opa which is fun to see. I can't believe how fast your kids are growing up! Thanks for posting!

Smart Helm said...

Wow... I am so jealous of Noah! I love RVing. He looks like he had so much fun.

Man oh Man.. am I jealous.

WARNERS said...

What a great story with pictures. Thanks for posting them all. It was so fun to go through and see your family and all the fun adventures!