Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sabino Canyon Adventure



We found this absolutely wonderful gem in the middle of the desert in Arizona! 
We need a little waterhole like this one in Flagstaff! I'd be there every single day in the summer. 
This is heaven! 

The hike to the water was quite hot and dry. I was starting to have some serious doubts about whether we would actually find some water anywhere but then suddenly this oasis appeared and I could hardly believe my eyes! 

The kids were having so much fun that I was able to get some pretty good pictures! 








Noah was having a hard time at first because I didn't bring his swim suit. Max just happened to be wearing his swim shorts but I honestly didn't think there would be this much water! He threw a big fit and wouldn't have any fun. So I threw a big fit back and eventually he got over it and then he had a blast! It's still pretty hard to get a decent picture of the kid though. He's quite camera shy.



It's so much easier though to take pictures of Max. He doesn't mind and he happens to be cutest 4-year-old I know! Again, I am really enjoying the kids these days. 4 and 7 are great ages and I love their independence and different personalities! 








When Karl got done with his awesome trail run, he joined our water fun. Turns out there are a whole bunch of waterfalls further up the trails. Looks like we will have to go back and go on a long early morning hike to check out those falls! 


I even had time to take some completely random pictures. 




This awesome little spot was just 30 minutes away from our campground on Mt. Lemmon. It was the perfect ending to our Spring Break adventure. Here's to many more great camping trips! 








1 comment:

jaredandgina said...

Looks like you guys have been having so much lately!! I love that!! You guys amaze me. I was going through and catching up on all your posts,I can't believe how big your kids and that you are just now wanting time to stand still. I am the opposite I love my little 1-2 years olds and am having a harder time with Kai who is 4. Oh and I was wondering what Kindergarten in German means?? Can't wait to see you this summer!