Saturday, April 20, 2013

Noah Takes on Snowboarding



Now that I have put away the winter coats, boots, and clothes (hopefully) for good this year, I remembered that I really wanted to share these pictures of Noah's first time on a snowboard with you!  


On the Friday before spring break I finally did what I have been meaning to do for the last two winters: I took Noah (and his friend Jake) up to Snowbowl for some snowboarding fun
The main reason I hand't taken him before was money but in the spring Snowbowl has some great Friday afternoon deals and I paid a total of $30 for rentals and lift passes. Awesome! 


I myself grew up skiing in Germany and did some skiing in college in Utah but haven't been in way too many years. Although skiing is one of my favorite things to do! Some day Karl will have a real job and we will all have gear and ski/snowboard all winter! I can't wait! 


I was really trying to get Noah and his friend to try skiing rather than snowboarding because I know zip about boarding. But they had made up their mind and so I just told them that they were on their own trying to figure this thing out! It basically took them one run to get the hang of it and I couldn't have been more astonished and proud! This was actually going to be fun for all of us! I was thrilled!

 


After going down the bunny hill a couple of times, we were ready to move on and I convinced them to ride the small chair lift with me. I rode with Noah and would find random people to partner Jake up with. Good thing the kid is not shy. He may or may not have fallen out of the lift at the very bottom at one point... 


Riding the lift with Noah was so fun
He's got some awesome hair in these pictures which we have cut in the meantime... 


Ready to take on the bigger hill



I loved seeing him having so much fun! 
It was one of the best afternoons with Noah ever! 


After a few more runs, the small chair lift closed, so we really had no option but to go to the bigger chair lift. To be honest, I was a little worried but the boys were total champs. They had the time of their lives. Especially ones they were confident enough to ride the lift by themselves. Just the two of them. It was a beautiful sight



I am seriously impressed with how fast they picked up this new sport and got quite good at it! On the last few runs they would tell me to just meet them at the bottom. That is music to my ears! I love seeing my kids becoming more and more independent. I was actually having fun myself while cruising down the mountain on skis and it reminded me just how much I have missed it! 

Unfortunately, we haven't had a chance to go back before the ski resort closed, but you bet we will be back next season! More than just once... 



No comments: