Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Life of Max


in Zion National Park

I do have a few more pictures from Spring Break I want to show you, but it's getting kinda boring, so I am going to tell you what Max has been up to lately. That kid keeps me entertained, to say the least! 

He re-discovered the lion costume this spring and, although he is definitely outgrowing it quickly, it served as wardrobe and pajamas for a few weeks! I have stopped caring about my kids' outfits a long time ago. As long as it is (semi) clean, they can wear whatever they want. 


We all got sick in February and it hit Karl the hardest and longest. He was sick for more than 2 weeks. The (only) good thing about sick children is that they tend to be more calm and sleep more. Max passed out on our wooden slide one afternoon and still went to bed around 6pm. 


Since the time change, the kids have been up by 6am every day! I thought we were over that since they had been sleeping until at least 6:30 during the winter but I guess we are not! It would not be so bad if it did not mean that Max is super grumpy starting around 10am. Really? Ugh! I know it should not be such a big deal but, if you are a mom, you know that it is a big deal! I can't stand whiny kids! 

Max's favorite toys
Cars, Lego, Playmobil, stuffed animals. 
That's basically all my kids play with because that's basically all we have. 


The other day Karl asked Max to make funny faces, and this is what he got: 



Max loves Noah and Noah loves Max. 
This is a really good thing! 
Sure. They fight. But they play together nicely way more than they fight! 
I don't know what either one of them would do without his brother. 
I also don't know how people chose to only have one child. 
It seems way harder to have one than two. 



I love how pudgy and (at the same time) strong Max is! He can definitely take down Noah anytime he wants to. And any other kid in Noah's class. And some of the 1st and 2nd graders. How do I know that? Because that is his favorite thing to do when we pick up Noah from school. Don't ask....


Just thought I would let you know that Max and I were fighting over the last few asparagus stalks today at lunch! Yep. He is a good little eater. He is happy with a banana anytime he wants a snack. Unless Noah is around. Noah hates bananas more than anything and, in order to not upset Noah, Max won't eat them in Noah's presence. But, don't worry, he sure likes (more than) his share of candy! 


I am not sure where this came from but all day yesterday, especially while at the store, Max would quote somebody or other from a movie. He would close his eyes, take a deep breath, and then (with a big smile on his face) slowly say: MATH
I busted up every time. What a crack-up! 
It almost made up for the fit he threw when I dropped him off at the gym, his whining, and all the peeing accidents he has been having lately! 

We sure are glad this precious little guy landed in our family! 






1 comment:

Smart Helm said...

What a great ode to Max :)