Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter and the Egg-Finder Machine



We had a fantastic Easter Sunday and I hope you did, too! 

Church was wonderful. It's getting easier to make it on time for 8 o'clock Sacrament Meeting. I was rather inactive during the month of March since I was out of town every weekend, but I am back now and it feels good. Love my Primary kids! 

After church Max decided the trees outside are too dry and need a little help. So he dressed up as a firefighter and sprayed down the trees! 


The kids played really well and forgot all about Easter baskets until after lunch. They had too look pretty hard but finally Max found his in a kitchen cupboard. 


Noah's was in our shower.


In case you think they look rather empty it is because they were! However, the kids were thrilled



It was very nice to see them so excited about a little stuffed animal, some (German) chocolate, and a ball. I really wish Christmas was this simple... (Maybe it could be...)


After they found the baseball bats under our bed, we went outside to play and hang out. It was a beautiful day!





Max is turning into quite the little photographer...


A very relaxing Sunday which we all very much needed!


Love my boys! I honestly think they didn't find at all on Sunday. Not one bit. They don't usually fight a whole lot but they're definitely farm from perfect!


They are in love with their Huskies


After coloring eggs again, playing more, and eating yummy dinner, we had a little egg hunt just outside of our apartment. While Karl was hiding the eggs, the boys came up with a new invention: 

The egg-finder machine. Complete with the egg guardians. Love it!



12 eggs each, labeled with their name, same content. No reason to argue. It worked out really well and everyone had a great time!




Since we gave them their baskets after lunch and did the egg hunt after dinner, I did not care that they ate most of their candy right away. It wasn't much to start with and they had plenty of healthy foods as well.  


Look, Noah! It is a dollar!!! 

(Some eggs had candy, some pennies, and one had a dollar.)


Cruising home with the loot in the back. 


I know my Savior lives. 







2 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

So fun. I'm so glad you use your blanket it made me smile when i saw it in your pics. i also love the basket attatched to the trike.

Anonymous said...

N.J firefighter here, him in firefighter turnout gear awesome. Maybe future fireman.