Monday, September 5, 2011

One in Kindergarten!



The first day of Kindergarten was also the day our camera died. Not good timing. We managed to take these 2 pictures before its death. Noah looks different than usual. Not sure why. He did get a hair cut since because we were both tired of the morning-brush-issues. Believe it or not: I did brush his hair that particular morning (same with Max) but longer hair + bike helmet + sweat = a mess. Not that I care. Just explaining myself.


We can honestly say that Noah likes Kindergarten! Phew. I was not so much worried that he would not like it but that all-day would be an issue. All public Kindergartens here in Arizona are full-day. 8:40-3:10 seems pretty long for these little guys. Well. He has not complained yet! There are a whole bunch of crazy and wild boys in his class and I am pretty sure they are having a ton of fun together. Especially during recess. They go outside 3 or 4 times during the day.

His teacher, Miss Chris, is fantastic! She is young, energetic, funny, beautiful, and knows how much energy these kids have. I swim with her at NAU and she has two young boys of her own. Score! So grateful for her.


The last few weeks, while I have been in heavy training, Karl has brought both kids to school on MWF. By bike, of course. On the days where they are ready early, they all start out on their bikes together. The kids enjoy it very much. But, of course, we are prepared with the Chariot in case Max gets tired on the very hill route.

(Here, Noah is walking because his bike is locked up a little further down the road.)

Off to school! See ya later!

I am so glad they are both (well, all 3 actually) enjoying school and making lots of new friends. I definitely don't have as much time to myself as I thought I would. 2.5 hours is really just enough to squeeze in a workout. Showers are still a problem. But I am not complaining! Glad I still have one little guy around to keep me busy and entertained most of the day.

Noah has a day of cooking, the open-house, and even a field trip to Sedona coming up. Fun times! He has really been growing up a lot lately and changed quite a bit. He picks up some pretty funny (and some not-so-funny) stuff from his classmates and is acting more and more like a teenager! Help!

Here is to a fun year in Kindergarten! Love you, Noah!






2 comments:

JessWilson said...

Wow, I still can't believe Noah is in all day kindergarten! So glad that he has made friends in his class and sounds like he has a awesome teacher. Yay!

Leslie said...

Love that last pic. Isn't it crazy as they grow up! Love how active you guys stay, I think my Chariot is jealous :)