Thursday, August 4, 2011

RVing with Oma and Opa



I love having my parents visiting us!
What a treat for all of us!

hiking in the hot Sedona sun

After a couple of days in Flagstaff exploring, shopping, and celebrating, we hit the road in their nice RV. First stop: Oak Creek Canyon. Beautiful. Plenty of hikes. Water play. Shady trees. Red Rocks. We're good.


Noah has been quite the hiker. Max - not so much. But we drag him along anyway because my family is avid hikers and he will learn to love it - eventually. After this hot and sweaty hike we cooled off in the Sedona pool and my dad taught Noah how to execute a proper dive - just like he taught me 25 years ago.


Noah and Max love the RV. They have been excited for more than a year to actually ride, sleep, and live in one. They both insisted on sleeping in the alcove above the driver's cabin and so far neither of them has fallen out. It is a great hang-out place for them during the mid-day monsoon and they come up with all sorts of fun ideas.


This kid can't wait to drive one some day...


Opa and Noah both share a passion for fire. It entertains them for hours.


Digging in the mud. What is new?


Today I am home alone while the kids and grandparents went on to Dead Horse Ranch State Park for another couple of days. Knowing the kids are well taken care off and having a blast, I can focus on swimbikerun and whatever else I can squeeze into the day! I am loving it...



2 comments:

jaredandgina said...

How fun to have your parents in town!! Tell them hello from me. They look great!

Jamie Pearson said...

Camping in a motorhome for the Jarvis boys...only happens when the grandparents are there. So fun and thats the way to camp =) Hey see you next month!!