Saturday, July 9, 2011

... you will turn into a girl!


Syndey and Noah at Slide Rock SP

Max and Noah have this thing with girls. They think they don't like girls when really they do! Well, at least Noah does. It is pretty funny.

I have had plenty of conversations with Max that go like this:

Me: "Max, we don't hit. Especially not girls."
Max: "But Mama! Girls are the bad guys!!!"

Who knew?

Noah has a new strategy.

Whenever Max has a toy that Noah wants, Noah says:

"If you play with X, you will turn into a girl!"

And when Max is doing something and Noah wants him to stop, he says:

"If you do X, you will turn into a girl!"

The last thing Max wants is to turn into a girl, so Noah usually wins.


We have had visitors the last few days. The Rue family came to Flagstaff, so Colleen could get in some high altitude training before the Scofield Triathlon. I was thrilled to have a training partner! She brought her awesome family along, so the kids could all play while we swimbikerun.

It was wonderful! The kids and husbands got along great. We had company at dinner every night and were actually able to have some decent conversations while the kids played. Noah enjoyed playing with Syndey very much and he is realizing that girls are not so bad after all! What a great family! Thanks for the visit and come again soon!


PS: Unfortunately, Colleen had to complete today's mission on her own, since I tripped and fell hard yesterday and am unable to run or bike. I sure hope I will feel better soon... More details on that on my triathlon blog.



1 comment:

Smart Helm said...

My Dad would always say "when I was a little girl" So I guess it works the other way too!