Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tree Streets



Karl's parents live on Locust Lane. It is pretty much heaven. If we ever were to move to Provo, the Tree Streets is where I would want to live. In the foothills of my favorite mountains. Close to BYU campus, the temple, Kiwanis park, 3 gorgeous canyons, 7 Peaks water park. Filled with good friends and great neighbors. Karl grew up right here. I spent a year as an exchange student on Apple Avenue and then had the time of my life on Cherry Lane with 6 roommates. Good times!


The kids' favorite part is undoubtedly the Ellis' trampoline. We walk/bike/scoot over there at least every other day. Whether it is warm enough or not, we turn on the house and turn the jumping into a water party. Noah has always been in love with jumping. The higher - the better. The crazier - the better. He has gotten quite good at it. When he is not on the tramp, he is practicing on the old beds downstairs. Off the dresser, onto one bed, over to the other one. I really wish I could join him...


Max is also a fan by now. Before, he would struggle with Noah's high bounces and keep falling over and get frustrated. There was no way I could get Noah to take turns. Impossible. This visit he is bigger and stronger and quite the match for Noah. His favorite part, though, might be regulating the water. Those two have a blast together for sure.


PS: Noah always wants me on the tramp jumping as well. That way he can bounce even higher. I don't mind. Not at all. One time, however, I bounced him right off the tramp. Head first. Oops.

PPS: He got over it pretty fast. He told me he likes me even more now. Phew.




3 comments:

jaredandgina said...

Oh I miss Provo. I obviously never lived in the tree streets but they are really nice!!

Smart Helm said...

I always wanted a tramp when I was young. I'm jealous!

amberkei said...

Yep, if you've ever lived in the tree streets, it's hard not to love them. :)