Sunday, July 4, 2010

Mountair Mile - Noah's Race Report


I had been excited for the Mountair Mile for a while. Not only because I love to do fun races but because I would get to hang out with my cousins Sam and Toby. They are really cool. This was actually my third time doing the Mountair Mile. Go here to see how it went last year. I have been to so many races by now, I know how it all works. I don't even get nervous anymore.

We got cool bags with a stop watch, a water bottle, a T-shirt, and our race number. That was awesome! Max did not like the number on his shirt and ripped it right off. He did the same with mine and the bib of some other boy. He has a lot to learn. He is not as experienced as I am with that kind of stuff.


Grandpa and Grandma came as well to cheer us on and take pictures. Thank you!


There sure were lots of kids on all kinds of vehicles around. And many strollers, too. I was ready to go - 2/3 mile biking + 1/3 mile running. Piece of cake!


Papa ran alongside me. However, I am proud to let you know that he never needed to help me. I even made it up a pretty long hill all by myself. I forgot to tell Mama that this year I wanted to do the Mighty Race like Sam and Toby. They did two loops. One biking and one running. I could have totally done that! Only the Mighties get to stand on the podium and I really wanted to get up there too.


Aunt Brenda and Uncle John rode this awesome tandem. That looks like a lot of fun.


Max was not so much into the whole thing. I know how he feels. When I was that little, I did not like racing either. He is pretty fast on his Bobby Car but it would be easier if he knew how to steer. Mama pretty much pushed him in the Chariot the whole way. He got out a few times, like to talk to the police officer and pet dogs. He told me he had lots of fun!


Here I come to the rescue!


I think I pretty much won the Mini Race. And Max was pretty much last. But that's ok. We all had a great time and loved hanging out with family.

This week I did another little race at PowerTri. It was pretty low-key and I liked it. We just ran down the road to Grant and then back to our parents. But we got a sweet shirt and a fruit snack.
After the race I asked Mama: "Was this the shortest race EVER?"
She said: "Pretty much."

Now I am getting ready for the Scofield Kids' Triathlon on July 16th. You should all come do it with me! It is going to be so fun. I can't wait...


1 comment:

Jamie Pearson said...

wow you sure are starting out early. I'm glad you are having fun doing your races I wish I could do some this summer but your friend Kade needs me so I will have to wait a little longer. Maybe one day you can teach Kade how to do a triathlon.