Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Noah's Triathlon Report


My parents are kinda crazy. They go to races every day, or almost. I get tired of going to races, because all there is to do is watch lots and lots of people go by. The only time races are fun is when I can make big messes with mud, or at least dig holes in the ground. It's different when I get to race, though. I can ride my bike really fast, and I like to run, too. I'm pretty good at swimming from the side of a pool to my Mama's arms (2 meters), but that makes me pretty tired, so I don't like doing races where I have to swim.


Mama's race was taking all day, so I was really glad when Papa said it was time to get to my race. I didn't want to do it, though, because I thought I had to swim alone. Then my Papa said he would swim it, and I could be on his back like a turtle, and that sounded like fun. So I went through the swim on his back. It's a lot easier that way! We were still slow though. Papa kept complaining that I was too heavy for him to swim fast.












Biking was fun because I rode all the way up a big hill, just like in the Tour de France. Papa didn't even have to push me on the whole hill. The downhills were kind of scary, so I went slow on them. My Papa ran right by me the whole way!



Running was really hard because I had to go up the same steep hill that I already biked. I walked some of the hill but I felt pretty good at the top. Then when I got close to the finish my Mama ran with us, but I started feeling like I had to run fast, too. Then I got kind of mad, because I was tired of running, but I did run at the end because I thought there was going to be lots of good food there.


There wasn't anything good to eat at the finish though! All they had were yucky stuff like bagels and bananas. Then Papa asked a stupid question – what did I want to eat? Of course I wanted meat! I always want to eat meat. Luckily there was meat for me at a different part of the race, and then I was totally happy. If I get to have another whole chicken leg (or two or three), I think I want to do a triathlon again!

Noah (penned by Papa)


Here's what Noah really wanted to write:

ANDY

As in Schleck, Mr. #2 in the Tour de France this year. He is just a little obsessed with Andy. But that is ok. We like Andy, too.


7 comments:

JessWilson said...

Dylan say's, "Good job Noah! I am glad you didn't fall off your bike." :)

Great pictures of Noah's race. Pretty awesome that he finished the whole thing. Way to go!

wilson4 said...

Love the race report. It's seems pretty accurate.

Barbie said...

I just love the race report. Fantastic job Noah. You are a legend.
:) :) :)

Nate + Carlee said...

Way to go Noah!

Smart Helm said...

Good Job Noah! Before you know it, u'll be up to ur parents standards :-)

Jamie Pearson said...

Good Job Noah. I'm sorry i don't live closer so I could help you learn how to swim. You should ask your mom to take you swimming more=)

ff familie fuerniss said...

Hey du bist echt super Noah!!!
Wir sind stolz auf dich, dass du sogar den großen Berg gemeistert hast!