Monday, March 29, 2010

We're gonna be ...



... Lumberjacks!



We will be living in Flagstaff!









We can't wait to be Lumberjacks (NAU). They are not as exciting as Cougars (BYU) but definitely better than Vandals (UI). No offense, but who wants to be a Vandal?

We have been doing some very important research about Flagstaff. You know, crucial things that will determine whether or not we will be happy there. For example:
  • contacting their Masters Swim Team to see if I can join
  • looking at their race calendar to see what's going on
  • checking to see if NAU has a triathlon club
  • getting excited about the Mt. Taylor Quadrathlon
  • visiting the Northern Arizona Trail Running Association website extensively
  • talking to employees in running and biking stores
Now that that is all taken care of, we can move on to minor details such as
  • housing
  • cost of living
  • insurance
  • schools, etc.
I'd better get started ...

6 comments:

Leslie said...

LOL! I love your writing Sarah!! We'll sure miss you, but I'm glad Arizona worked out, I'm sure you guys will fit in great, and I'm sure you'll tear up yet another state worth of triathlons.
The women of Arizona don't know what's about to hit them :)

Jamie Pearson said...

I know you guys will have so much fun in Arizona. It will be great to be on a new adventure. Maybe we'll have to go to Az to visit you =)

Smart Helm said...

Flagstaff is really beautiful.. the couple times I've driven through it (Once I even took a nap there in my car). Good luck with all the minor issues!

wilson4 said...

I agree with Leslie, the women of Arizona don't know what is about to hit them. Certainly Noah must like the idea of becoming a lumberjack. I don't want to think about you leaving because that means my life is going to change so much too. Boo hoo! Let's just maximize on this summer!!!

Diana said...

your blog is so fun. I found in on your fb page. Hope its ok I'm looking at it.
So happy you guys made a decision. We'll miss you :)

Emily Nice said...

Hope you all have fun there! What the heck is a quadrathlon?

I'm sure you'll have it all figured out soon!