Thursday, March 11, 2010

Super Saturday

In order to qualify as Super a Saturday has to include the following:
  • 2+ hours of training
  • some kind of adventure
  • quality family time
  • good food
Last saturday was one of them. Sweet!

I jumped on the trainer for some nice riding while Karl got to run around outside. I thought I got a pretty good work out until I saw this nice little chart. I guess I might have as well worked in my garden. If only they knew...


Then we were off to Rock Canyon Park for some nice family sledding. Noah was having a great time as usual. And we have not given up on Max just yet!



This turned out to be a good move because he was actually enjoying himself.

[Sigh. We might keep him in our family after all.]

True to form, he likes to go down the hill all by himself.


And then pull the sled back up the hill by himself. Go, Max! The warm weather and sunshine definitely made it more pleasant.


Then it was time for some winter cross-training which I love. My great friends Heather and Carlee joined me in exploring the beauty of Big Springs on snowshoes. Big Springs is one of my favorite places in every season for all of my favorite sports (except swimming).


I got home just in time. Nap time was over. So off we went on our bikes to BYU campus. Of course, we had to do the usual: eat a bagel and share a Jamba Juice.


But then we did something very unusual: we bought ourselves a new MacBook Pro. Made possible by our tax return. It is so nice to have a computer that is less than 8 years old. Yeah!


We then continued the tax-return-party at:


Our friends Andy and Simy Gartz are co-owners of SlabPizza and they did not disappoint. We had a slab of Thai chicken, a slab of NM Green Chile and a slab of Hawaiian. Scrumptious! I definitely recommend it.

On a Super Saturday night I am so tired, I could pass out at 9 pm. And that is what I did.

Life is Good.


4 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

First off I don't think any bike riding you do on your trainer would be considered light. Now maybe if you were out with the boys thats a different story. Glad Max is liking the snow a little more. When i saw your pictures my first thought was Max should live in California so he can be a little surfer. I mean he has the hair for it and he loves to swim. No going to Idaho move to a place that is by the beach. Glad you had such a great Saturday.

Emily Nice said...

That new header is super cool! I'm glad you had a good super saturday, and that Max can still be part of the family :)

Never been to big springs in the winter, are the springs still runnin?

La Belle Belge said...

Awesome pictures!

Kjrstin said...

Congrats on an awesome day!