Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Green Day!


I told Noah this morning that it was Green Day today
and we needed to wear green clothes or people could pinch us.
So he put on the same clothes as yesterday
which are his favorites and happen to be (somewhat) green.

I don't know much about St. Patrick's Day
and honestly don't care much either.
But when Jen said something about a treasure hunt
to find gold under a rainbow, I thought it sounded too much fun to pass up.
And today is the perfect day for a treasure hunt in the park.
It is gorgeous outside.

We hid the clues and treasure while the boys were busy digging.



And off they went to find their clues...


under the slide...


by the rocks...


under a bench...


and, at last, the treasure up in a tree.


They were excited to find a treat
but definitely liked the hunting more than the treasure.



Then the boys (and Rubie) went off to play for about an hour
while Jen, Jessica, and I sat in the sun and talked.
It was a beautiful morning!

PS: I am sad to report that my jeans in the above photo are going in the trash tonight. They have been my favorite and only pair of jeans for the last 6 years. I might not ever replace them since neither REI nor SLRC carry jeans. And I am not about to go to the mall...

PPS: Thank you so much for the fun pictures, Jen!

5 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

What you can't throw them away you should make something out of them. Oh and if you don't want to go to the mall Aeropostle up in Park city has jeans and they are comfy and a good price. I hate it when a favorite pair of pants dies. glad you had a good St patty's day

wilson4 said...

I agree, they aren't trash yet. Also, I have recently bought jeans at Target and Old Navy. I go to those places for kid clothes anyway, if I can find something for myself there, BONUS!

JessWilson said...

Wow, you and Jen are fast to get these pictures up! Thanks for such a great day and hope you have a great time this weekend!

Smart Helm said...

Happy Green day to you! Looks like a fun activity.

Emily Nice said...

we would make pistachio pudding for green day. its fun and suprising as the powder looks white. cute pictures and which park is that?