Sunday, May 24, 2009

What Noah's been up to

After our long (blogging) absence, I thought I would fill you in on what has been going on around here in the past few weeks.

Much to Noah's delight, we have been having a lot of rain, especially earlier this month. He could care less about going outside when it is sunny and nice. But as soon as Noah sees rain, he is in his rain outfit and out the door. I stopped washing his muddy clothes a while ago. I just hang them up to dry and eventually the dirt falls off. Now everyone is happy.


Spinning in a puddle is still his preferred form of exercise. Especially on Sundays before church. Go figure...

Then we even got some snow at the end of April. Craziness!


Noah loved it although it did not last long. He told me he wants it to be winter all the time. I definitely disagree. I love spring!


Mandy, Fay, and Kimball brought warm, sunny weather with them from California. Yeah for spring! We all went to Thanksgiving Point and loved the beautiful flowers there.


Ad you can tell, we were having a hard time getting Fay, Eric, and Noah to be tulips.


It is so fun to be outside for most of the day and not wearing many layers of clothing. Well, at least that is what Max and I think. Noah was refusing to wear shorts for a few weeks in really warm weather. When asked what's wrong with shorts, his answer was: "An enemy could poke me in the leg." Mmmh, that makes sense.













As you can tell, we are making progress in weaning him from winter clothes. Unfortunately, sandals are still an issue. They don't have enough traction and don't cover enough of his feet. Noah wants sandals that go up to his knees. So I will be returning the awesome, expensive Keen sandals I bough a few weeks ago. Too bad.

Other than that, Noah does the usual 3-year-old stuff: he learns letters and shapes, sings songs, plays with friends, tests his parents' patience, ride his bike and scooter, entertains his brother, throws an occasional fit, etc.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sandals up to his knees? and enemies getting his legs? That is too funny. I would keep the Keens if I were you. I bet in a few more weeks after its getting really really hot he will be wanting those sandals. Thanks for the update. The kids are getting so big! Miss ya

Smart Helm said...

He's quite a character. Wonder where he gets it?

Too smart for his britches! Just FYI, my mother always said great adults don't usually make for great children... too stubborn by half :-)